Sunday, June 12, 2011

Playdates & Date Nights

We've been a little more adventurous lately.  After our trip to school, I felt more capable of taking my sweet girl out. I don't like to have her out too much, because she does seem to get easily exhausted and cranky.  I think I have a little homebody on my hands.  Her big brother is very much one too. 

Friday, we loaded up and went to visit my college roommate, Heather, who recently had a baby boy.  I felt completely comfortable going to her house, because I knew she had all the baby items that we'd need without me packing the entire house.  It was so nice for mommy to have adult conversation during the day!  It is funny how much you miss that.  Heather is such a fabulous mommy and it was good to share the fears and mishaps of being a new mother with someone else. Even though we don't live together anymore and don't talk on a daily basis, we are still a lot alike.  We decided we must be sistas from different mistas :)

Saturday, my sister came up and we went out and bought Daddy's Father's Day gift.  We went to Dick's, Golf Galaxy, got lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and the Babies 'R Us.  It was a huge outing for the baby and mommy.  She's been a little extra fussy today.  I'm not sure it is in correlation to our big day yesterday or it is just a fussy day.  I, however, needed a shopping day and it was fun having time with my sister.

Since Auntie was here, David and I took advantage of our in house sitter, and we went to dinner last night.  I tried very hard to stay away from poopie diaper and spit up conversations.  It was so nice to put on a dress, a real non-nursing bra, make up and wear my hair down!  Since I won't indulge while nursing (and I would really love just one glass of wine!), I had a huge piece of key lime pie.  Mommy certainly had deserved it.  I even resisted calling my sister and checking in.  We weren't gone too long, but it was just enough time to enjoy being a wife.  You have to remember that balance between wife and mother or you'll go nuts!

Reagan loves her auntie.  She slept a full 5 hours last night before waking up for her late night feeding.  And was so sweet when I got her up.  I am an incredibly blessed woman.  I often have to take a step back because it seems like all this happened kind of fast.  I met Reagan's daddy a little over 3 years ago.  A year after that he proposed.  We got married just 4 months after we got engaged.   A week before our first anniversary we found out we were expecting.  It's kind of a blur, but what an amazing, beautiful, fabulous life we have :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment