Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Brent-isms

Ever since I was just old enough not to call myself a kid anymore, I have been fascinated with the way kids think and certainly what they say.  Teaching school and having a six year old in our house has given me lots of laughs... These are just a few things my sweet boy has and some of my students have shared.  I wish I could keep a little journal with me at all times just so I could remember all the kid-isms I hear on a daily basis. 

Brent on breastfeeding:
Dad and I both kinda have boobs.  Why can't we feed the baby?  How'd you get that milk inside you anyways?

Brent on Almond milk:
Dad, I know you say this isn't real milk, but it's healthy and it's organical.

Kindergartner on Childcare for my new baby:
So, I think you need to stay home with the baby.  Wait... who will be our teacher?  Never mind, your grandma should keep the baby.

Brent on David Feherty:
Dad, you ever play golf with him... Oh no, that's right he only plays with the masters. (he said masters with a British accent).

Kindergartner on my growing belly:
Does it hurt?  Do you feel bad?  Maybe you should put a heating pad on your belly. 
The next day...  I told my mom what I told you.  She said DO NOT do that!  You'll burn the baby!

Brent on bodily functions:
Look guys.. If you eat you poop, if you drink you pee.

Kindergartner on labor and delivery:
I really don't want the baby to hurt you.  You'll be okay, won't you?  When it's over I'm bringing you some ice cream.  If something happens and I can't, your husband should get you some.


I hope to add to these from time to time... I certainly can't remember them all and right now.  Plus, I have a sweet, hungry baby to take care of :)

No comments:

Post a Comment