Monday, June 6, 2011

Eat, Sleep, Poop... and shots!

It's funny all the things you worry about as a new mom.  I have never been so interested in poop before.  What color is it?  What is its consistency?  Does it smell different?  I became so obsessed that I'd freak out if anyone else changed her diaper without letting me see it!  Luckily, I'm a little less crazy now that my 2 month old does a little, a tiny bit more, than eating, sleeping and pooping.

My mom and I took Reagan in for her 2 month check up today, which included my sweet girl's first set of shots (she got one in the hospital, but they took her to the nursery so I didn't have to witness it).  Reagan was a huge 12 lbs. 12 oz.  Her weight gain is very typical for an exclusively breastfed infant, and because she's been such a good eater, her doctor told me I can start trying to get her on a schedule.  Her exact words, "You're not the K & W;  she doesn't have to eat all the time"  So hopefully, we can start that soon.   Today, however, is not the day.  She was a champ getting her shots, but she has wanted to nurse a lot since we got home.  I think it's more for comfort than nourishment.  I'm okay with that.  If I can give her some source of comfort, then why wouldn't I?

Reagan has the cutest personality.  She certainly loves her mama and wants to know where I'm at most of the time.  She gives us the sweetest smiles and is a very social baby.  She also loves to watch us eat!  Tammy, Reagan's doctor, told me I may want to bring her in next month, and we might talk about starting cereal early because she is such a good eater.  Her hands are her latest discovery and she likes to clasp them together and wiggle her fingers.  She has the chubbiest little legs (which probably made the pain of the shots a little more bearable today!), and she can often be found kicking them around. I can't wait to see her grow even more (just not too fast!).  I love her little facial expressions and coos...  She's waking up now and seems to be in cheerful spirits...and filling up a diaper!  That's a job for Mommy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment