Sunday, July 15, 2012

This Crazy Life

It's official, I really stink at schedules.  I'm great at routines, but not schedules.  I think this flexibility is probably why I'm able to manage a kindergarten classroom and two children under the age of two.  My oldest child needs routines, but if I force her to do things at certain times, I end up with one very loud, ill child.  I can't handle crying it out, and for that reason, my sweet Reagan has went  down for her nap by riding in the car the past few days (unplanned, but that's just how it worked out). 

Because of this and a few other things, a little part of me is really excited to get back to work.  Mommy needs a routine too.  I'm all about the babies, but I've kind of lost myself a little.  I doubt I'll get it back completely ever until, well, never.  But I do look forward for a few hours a day to focus on something other than whose diaper I changed last, what to feed my very picky toddler for lunch, and which side I nursed my infant on last.

Lately, I have been having a really great time photographing my little Anna.  It's been something that I can do for fun, a little creativity, and it requires nothing other than my imagination, a sleeping baby (or two---somethings are impossible to do with a toddler running around), and whatever we have laying around the house.

Anna the Country Singer


Anna Climbing the Tree & Taking a Rest at the Top


Jumping on the Bed


Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my girls, and I if I knew it were possible for our family, I would stay at home with them and LOVE IT, but because I know that being a working mother is a reality for me, I go in and do that job with my whole heart.  I feel like it must be God's will for our family for me to work outside our home.  My most important work is here, but I can enjoy my work too!  I'm a mommy ALL of the time, and a teacher for a few hours M-F ten months a year.  I love both of these fabulous jobs I've been blessed with.  Who knew though that two little people could wear me out more than 20 five year olds? What a crazy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment