Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tired Doesn't Even Begin to Explain...

We've been two weeks at home: Reagan, Anna, Brent (on occasion) and me.  Oh my goodness, I never EVER knew what exhaustion was before.  I was really tired when I was at home with Reagan.  She wanted to nurse constantly, she was really super needy,and I was a first time mother who knew nothing about babies.  I thought I needed to watch her... Watch her sleep, suck her binkie, play in her gym.  I don't know what was going to happen if I didn't watch her, but I realized this time around, Anna wasn't going anywhere if I placed her in the pack 'n play or in the crib without my eyes on her. Now, I still can't take my eyes off of Reagan during her waking hours, but it's justified.  She's into EVERYTHING!


Our schedule is starting to fall into place.  I can't get the babies to nap at the same time, but if I do, I feel like I need to take advantage of that time with laundry, dishes, and cooking.  When Reagan is up, she usually needs a playmate, and right now that's me (unless Bubba is here!).  When Anna is up, she usually needs a diaper or a boobie, and guess what, that's me too.  Between all that neediness, I spend most of my days, reading board books, changing diapers, picking up cheerios, doing puzzles, feeding a baby (while checking e-mails, pinning ways to keep my toddler busy, and looking at Facebook), singing songs from Nick Jr. and Baby Signing Time, and dreaming of 5 consecutive hours of sleep.

However, I love being home with my girls and their Bubba.  It is the busiest I've ever been.  I'm beyond tired.  I am just trying to soak their smallness in.  I know in a few short months Anna won't need me in all her waking hours, Reagan will be able to vocalize with actual words her dissatisfaction with her 8 o'clock bedtime, and Brent will be back in school (so will I, but that's another post for another day) as a second grader.  These times are precious.  So despite the fact that I'm just depleted of energy, I know that this is a time that's fleeting.  It will be over all too soon.  There's much to look forward to, but I'm not wishing the present away.

No comments:

Post a Comment