Friday, September 7, 2012

And so it goes...

I started back to work about 3 weeks ago. Everything has been going pretty well. Anna learned to gulp her bottle after a day and a half of refusals, Reagan got hand, foot and mouth on her second day, and I only cried the first two days back. Sounds fabulous, right?

In all seriousness, everything is okay. The babies miss us during the day and I'm up with one of them at least 3 times a night. More than anything, I'm pretty tired.

Reagan has grown to really enjoy school, and my husband says now drop off is easy. She leads the way to her classroom and waves to him. She loves playing with the baby dolls and outside time. Often she finds the mud, and I pick her up and she's had a necessary wardrobe change. Anna is such a happy baby. They all love her. A teacher from Reagan's old daycare is actually one of Anna's teachers now. She always is telling me what a great baby she is.

I have 20 extra special kindergartners. They make the time away pass pretty quickly, but keeping up with 11 wild boys and 9 energetic girls is contributing to my exhaustion for sure. Other than my little family though, there is nothing I enjoy more than the inner workings of a five year old's mind. They have it all figured out.

Getting into the routine has been tough and we have a few kinks to work out, but I am enjoying the weekends, the early morning snuggles, late nights with my babies. These times won't last forever. Might as well enjoy them. One day I will sttn (sleep through the night) again. I won't even know what to do with myself, it's been at least since December 2010!

1 comment:

  1. I am still in awe of those with more than one child =) I've been back a month now and I know exactly what you mean about cherishing all the snuggles while you can get them!

    ReplyDelete