Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bottled Moments

While giving Reagan her bath this evening, I was drying her off with her hooded towel, and she looked up at me and grinned and giggled.  I smiled and tickled her tummy and realized that if I could bottle moments in life to later relish, that this was one such moment.
 
 It's been a while since I've had time to update our blog, and I am amazed constantly how my baby girl is growing.  She has 3 sparkling white teeth and three more that have poked through the surface but are not yet visible.  She can sit up unassisted, and her new favorite pastime is her version of crawling (she can get up on all fours, crawl a step and then scoot about 3 more).  She giggles, "talks," and gives us kisses.  She also bites, pulls hair, and finds the word NO hilarious.  Motherhood is never dull with my little one.

So, while I am thinking of just what type of moments I'd like to bottle up and put on a shelf for a gray day, I think of her little mostly gummy smile, her wet open mouth sloppy kisses, and being able to nurse her to sleep.  I think of how she cuddles next to her daddy and me in the wee hours of the morning, the sound of her baby giggles, her soft baby skin and fuzzy hair, and the way she holds her arms up when she wants me to pick her up.  I'm sure there will be many more sweet moments that I'd like to stay in a little longer or be able to bottle up.  For now, I'm just trying to savor every moment with my sweet baby....watching her sleep peacefully is a pretty precious moment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment